Wednesday 5 September 2012

How to use laptop as a wi-fi hotspot



Goodman : hey Geek , I bought a new Android smartphone. It works great and allows me high  speed internet usage. But my college provides me high speed internet via ethernet cables (LAN cables).
So I am unable to use high speed internet in my smartphone :( .

Geek : No problem bro , just follow the following steps and you will be able to use your laptop as wi-fi hotspots and hence you can use internet after connecting to your laptop.

      1. Download a software named MhotSpot or Connectify .

      2. Goto Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections.

      3. Right click on Local Area Connection , click on properties

      4. Click on the Sharing tab and select the wireless network.




      5. Open the MhotSpot and click on Setup tab and give the hostname and password and hit OK.


     
      6. Goto HotSpot tab and and click on "Start HotSpot" button.




Connect your mobile to the network and enjoy the high speed internet :) .

Goodman : Thanx a lot Geek :) .


Liked us on  Facebook? If not, do it soon… J

No comments:

Post a Comment